CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rastafarian Revolution

The inspiration of today's look were African colors! Well, actually, it was a beautiful Jamaican model that inspired me. :) Being from Southern California, I tend to go to the beach a lot and one of those beaches include Venice Beach, where I discovered the beauty of Afro-Jamaican (?) culture. I love the combinations of red, green, yellow and black and whenever I find an item with them (like the long dress I'm wearing here), I must have them. ;) So, while one could argue that there are a bunch of looks that I could do to represent the African culture, I chose just to do the colors for today and make it more Jamaican. :p (I don't really know how Jamaicans and Africans feel about each other, but Nerissa Irving, the Jamaican model I was talking about, believes that they should get along. I wholeheartedly agree.)



Last night, before I did this look, I took sections of my hair and made them into a bunch of little braids. Although they came out badly in the back, I should say they came out really good in the front. :) I put the headband at the front to keep stray hairs out.



After foundation and concealer were put on, I got the Pro Palette and chose the matte dark red shadow and put it on the inner corner of only the top lid. Then, I got the bright matte yellow and put it all throughout the middle. The secret for getting the most color out of the shadows was to jab the bristles into the shadow while I dipped the brush in and dab the colors onto the lids. I did have to do blending when the colors meshed, but then I dabbed more color back on. Then, I did the same with a dark matte green on the outer edged of the eyelids. I lined the entire eye with e.l.f black liquid liner and made "wings" on both the inner corners and outer corners of the eye. I finished the eyes off with mascara (and unfortunately, forgot to do my eyebrows. -_-) Then, I applied some Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in "Alarm" straight from the tube and dabbed off the excess with tissue. These super bright colors probably look wonderful on darker skin. :)



Yeah, I'm definitely feeling a tropical vibration here. ;)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Bob Marley


0 comments: