CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Astarte

Today, I continue the series on how to unleash your inner goddess through the use of makeup. ;) Today's inspiration was Astarte, a goddess from the Semitic Pagan tradition. You may know her through reading the Bible and how the Old Testament tells its readers to not make statues in Her honor. Well, in my religion, we do make statues in her honor. ;) Astarte is the goddess of fertility, war and love. Most of her makeup is that shimmering mineral/dark kohl around the eyes combination. And here I am to gild your path for you. ;)



After prepping my skin, I used Revlon ColorStay Mineral Bronzer in "Golden Bronze" and put it all over my face for a tanned look. (I suppose a Sumerian goddess would be tanned. ;p) Then, I put on "Honeymoon" (a gold shadow) from the Too-Faced Romantic Eye palette all around the eye. On the lids, on the creases, on the browbone, under the lashes, everywhere that covers the general eye area. ;P With e.l.f black liquid liner, I lined the entire eye and did the little "fishtail" flick at the edges. I finished off the eyes with Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara in "Very Black".



For the eyebrows, I needed to make them extra dark, so I got a matte black shadow from the Pro Palette and lined the brows with it. For Astarte's gilded lips, I just used a classic secret that some makeup artists use when they don't have a lipstick or lipgloss of that color. I patted on plenty of the "Honeymoon" shadow on the lips and slicked over Rimmel Sweet Jelly gloss (a clear gloss) in "Gourmet". For Astarte's fabulous hair, just pull back two sections of your hair in the front and push it up from behind to make something that looks like her horned headdress. (Can't really see it here. ;/) Then, just adorn it with something gold or ancient-looking. ;)




This was the best goddess picture I could do. :p I got it down to PG-13 even tho Astarte's pictures are always, well...NC-17. xD


0 comments: