CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mabon

Merry Meet, everyone! And a Merry Mabon, too! I know it's tomorrow, but I have a writer's conference to go to tomorrow, so I have to do this look today. :) For anyone who is unfamiliar with what Mabon is, in my religion, it's the first day of Autumn. We Pagans are Earth-loving people, so we like to celebrate the changes in the seasons. :) So, I did a somewhat festive look. I guess the makeup isn't all that impressive, but that's because no one is really ever impressed with muted colors. :/ But, I liked doing this one and I think it turned out pretty enough. ;) Shall we take a look?



After I prepped my skin, I put on a shimmery transluscent powder for a radiant look all over my face. I defined the cheekbones with Nars blush in "Orgasm". Then, I drew swirls (like wind) on the sides of my face with the liner that lost its pigment and colored over them with orange, red, yellow and brown shadows from the Pro Palette to give it a colored aura. Then, I stuck jewels in shades of orange and yellow onto the ends of the swirls from a nail kit that I have. (I don't really use it for nails. I use the jewels for my face.)




Then, I spread a shimmery goldenrod shadow all over my lids. I got the shimmery tangerine shade and put it in the outer corners. Then, I put a tiny bit of matte red under the lash lines. Then, shimmery mocha above the orange on the outer corners and shimmery bronze on the inner corners. I finished the eyes with some black liquid liner and mascara. I finished the look off with Maybelline lipstick in "Berry Slick" and layered some shimmery peachy-orange gloss over it. :)



For the hair, I just left it natural and stuck some autumn decorations in with bobby pins. :)
And that is how you look like a Mabon goddess. ;)

Blessed Be! ~
)O(


0 comments: