CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 16, 2011

Mexican Independence Day

Today is Mexico's independence day! (For those of you who thought it was Cinco de Mayo, nice try, but thanks for trying nonetheless. ^_^) Anyways, why is this so important to me, you may wonder? Well, my father is Mexican-American, so by that precept, so am I. :) But, in our family, I'm a seventh-generation American from my grandmother's side. (Not too sure of my grandfather's.) So, I have no ties to Mexico, really. I am only mediocre in speaking Spanish and it doesn't seem like I'm all that accepted in the Chicano community, anyways. :/ But, I stay true to who I am as well as honoring my roots. :) And today, I honor Mexico with tricolor makeup of sweet freedom!



So, after I prepped my skin, I got out the Pro Palette and tapped the matte medium green on the inner corners of my eyelids. Then, I tapped the matte white in the center of both eyelids, next to the green. Then, I tapped the matte red on the outer corners and under the outer part of the lower lash line. To distinguish Mexico's tricolor flag from the Italian one, I drew the brown feathers of an eagle's wings (like the one on the Mexican flag) on the outer corners of my eyes with my brow pencil. I went over the brow pencil with the liquid liner that lost its pigment so that I could define it a little more. I finished with mascara and Rimmel red lipstick. ;)



Deje las alas del águila llevarle a la libertad!
Anyways, normally I would have a picture of myself holding a Mexican flag for this, but alas, I do not have one. :/
Oh well.
Que viva Mexico, bitches! *does the grito*
If you can guess what movie that is a reference to, I'll give you a cookie. ;3


0 comments: