CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 29, 2011

Professional Summer Day Look

I'm sorry to say, everyone, but the time of doing mystical looks is over for now. Today, I did a fairly sober look which will bring me back to the reality I live in, where jury duty and school require me to tone it down. (Well, I was actually able to get out of jury duty today, but this would still be an appropriate look for it if I did have it.) Today, I decided to do a look that would be beautiful and appropriate for school or work or whatever else you must do in the professional world during summer. Summer makeup usually consists of vibrant colors, but the most important thing to emphasize is longwear makeup. (Meaning makeup that won't leave drops of flesh-colored sweat on your upper lip or run all over your face.) So, let me take you through it. :)



The best thing to do for your face during summer is to make sure that you've got sunscreen on. So, go low-key and lightweight with the foundation. Consider using a tinted moisturizer with some pretty flecks of shimmer in it. :) (All I did, actually, was put on my usual moisturizer and applied the foundation on top of it. Although, that's probably what you're supposed to do, anyways. :p) If you're getting a tan during summer, consider using a bronzer, too. I just applied Revlon ColorStay Mineral Bronzer in "Golden Bronze" on my forehead, under my cheekbones, on my chin and my nose. Although, you might wanna consider not being like me and using a creamy bronzer, instead. (Mineral makeup gives off an awful, dirty smell when you sweat. >_O)


It is important to incorporate at least one vibrant and festive color on your face during summer. You can do it with blue or green eyeshadow or bright red lipstick, like I did here. Although, like I said before, consider the formula of the makeup more than anything. While colors play a nice role in summer makeup, you need resilient makeup with a good formula to last in the hot sun. Here, I used L'oreal Infallible lipcolor in Crimson. It applies like a lipgloss, feels like a lip stain and works like a miracle. ;) No amount of sweat will defeat this lipstick! (At least not for 24 hours. :p)


For the eyes, I kept it simple and elegant. I used mark.'s no place to run eyeliner in "Jet Set". It's an amazing piece of cosmetic. Just like the lipstick, it freakin' stays on and it doesn't smudge or run or disappear!

Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing a soberish look for once. 'Cuz I can promise ya, it won't happen that often, knowing me. ;p

0 comments: