CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Angel Face

Today is just an angelic kind of day. :) Imagine fluffy clouds with a silver lining! (Funny thing is that my fiancee and I saw a cloud with a silver lining once right before a storm!) Like I've said before, I can't keep the looks too ordinary for long before something magical inspires me to do something more elaborate and whimsical. :) For today's look, I went the opposite direction of the seductresses and tried doing something more pure and innocent. ;)



For my face, I did the usual foundation and concealer (which was especially necessary today, because I'm getting some pimples D:) and the shimmering face powder I usually use. Then, I brushed La Femme Sparkle Dust all on the sides of my face and forehead and all over my eyelids, going down the curvature of my face. It almost gives the effect of angel wings. :) I drew a couple of stars on both sides of my face and filled them in with "Honeymoon" from the Romantic Eye palette, to give them the look of burnished gold. I got the inspiration from a children's book I'm writing (Well, I actually wrote it, but now I need to finish the illustrations. :p), where a dark faery redeems herself for an evil act and becomes an angel. :)



For the eyes, I used the MAC 22-color eyeshadow palette. (Yeah, I'm breaking out the MAC for today. But I won't do it often, since I usually support smaller makeup companies that don't rob your money.) I used the shimmery champagne colors on the lids, shimmery gold on the crease and shimmery rose on the highlight. (The palette didn't list the color's names, so I don't know what they are.) I put on some falsies today. I was afraid that my eyes wouldn't look defined enough without liner, but when I put these on, it totally took care of the problem. It gave me that sweet, angelic, doe-eyed look I wanted. :) I used some of the soft brown brow liner to line the bottom lashes, however. I finished off the look with Manic Panic Glam Dust in "Fairy Queen" on the sides of my eyes (an iridescent fine glitter with a pinkish tinge to it) and some lipgloss from Claires in a shimmery light pink color.


I wanted this picture to have the effect of the "God Reaching Down to Adam" fresco from the Sistine Chapel ceiling, but the little angel decoration was too far away. :/



The little angel wall decoration that inspired the look for today. :)


As you can probably tell, today it's been a week since I've started this project! :D I can't believe I actually got this far! But, let's see how far I will make it...


0 comments: