CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ocean Sprite

Ah, how odd it is that I was so very excited and inspired to do this look, but it nearly got ruined because I nearly sweated it all off! I guess it's because I kept adding and adding on to it, that I just got impatient and made it hurry up and finish already! Anyways, I thought I'd do a continuation on magical women of nature (does that make any sense? The heat must be making me delusional...) so, I did an ocean sprite today! I dunno if they exist, but since I already used the word "nymph" yesterday, I have to do "sprite" today. I especially did it because I love the ocean and I love water! Not just because I love nature, but also because my fiancee is a Cancer. It's really odd that a man whose star sign is the opposite of mine (look on the Zodiac wheel) could be my soulmate. But, I guess that just proves how true our love is. :) Anyways, this look takes a lot of props and effort, so just bear with me as I go through it. :)

So, I basically did the same thing as I did yesterday for the skin. Foundation, concealer and luminescent powder for a dewy, moist look. (I had no trouble with moistness, considering how much I was sweating. -_-) I did the same effect as yesterday's look by putting Manic Panic Coffin Dust in "Hemlock" under my cheekbones, on my temples and my hairline. It's a really nice powder, actually. It looks white in the jar, but it has sort of a blue tinge to it when you put it on. The only problem with it is that it looks blotchy in pictures, but in real life, you just see the shine only in certain angles. I used the same watery liquid liner yesterday to draw three rows of fish scales on the sides of my face and I accentuated each scale with some shimmery medium blue shadow from the Pro Palette. Then, put on some Manic Panic Glam Dust in "Angel Dust" (an iridescent fine glitter with a blue tinge in it.) I stuck a few light and dark blue jewels in each scale. I only did it one side, because I was getting hot and tired of doing. :x

For the eyes, I used the 88-color Pro Palette. (Do I really need to say it anymore? Invest in the Pro Palette! No makeup arsenal is complete without it!) I sweeped icy blue all on the lids. Then, I got a shimmery light blue (slightly darker than the previous shade) and made a ball in the center of my eyelid to make it pop. I put matte turquoise in the crease, a shadow the same color as the dress I'm wearing in the picture. Then, I put shimmery royal blue in the outer corners. I put shimmery light aquamarine on the inner corners and halfway through the lower lashes and put matte lavender on the other half of the lower lashes. I put falsies again, today. I just didn't do them so well because I was sweating like crazy and so tired of constantly re-gluing them back on. So, this will just have to suffice. :) After filling in my brows, I brushed the shimmery medium blue over them to give them a faint blue aura. For the lips, I used Manic Panic Venom, then I dusted the shimmery light blue shadow over them and finished it off with Claire's glittery gloss. The Manic Panic lipsticks are awesome, by the way. Venom is just like Hemlock. It looks white in the tube, but it brushes on in a shimmery green tinge.



Scent of the sea before the waking of the world brings me to thee, into the blue memory.

Those are the lovely lyrics of Nightwish's "Ghost Love Score", by the way. ;) Just thought they would be perfectly appropriate for this picture. Anyways, if you wanna know what I did for the hair, all I did was work with my natural waves. The sweat created them and I just enhanced them with a curling iron once they were dry enough. Then, I brushed one side of my hair back tightly, sprayed it with hairspray and clamped it down with a pearly barette. I thought the pearls were appropriate since they come from the ocean and they look like bubbles, too. :) Which also come from water. I took a shell and a starfish from my bathroom decor at my dad's apartment and used them for this look. All I did was take some tape, made a loop with it by keeping the sticky side out, stuck the shells to my hair and used black bobby pins to go through the loop and keep the shells on. It's good for a photoshoot type thing, but don't count on it for long-term use. ;p I figured that since the children of the ocean are oh so magical, I had to put at least some funky hair color into the mix. So, I got a Claire's hair extension (don't judge me!) which had different shades of blue and green in it and put it in my hair. :) (See picture above.)



Now, since my face has been taking it so hard, what with all the makeup application and sweating, I decided to do a mask today! :D One of the masks I use is mark.'s shine fighter. (No, I did not forget the rules of capitalization and punctuation. That's really how it's stylized.) mark. is a side brand by Avon especially made for teen girls and young women in their early 20's. (Like me!) The shine fighter mask has a kaolin clay base which soaks up the oil from your skin. There is also sugar cane to exfoliate and apricot for vitamin C. (Vitamin C strengthens collagen fibers. Collagen isn't just important for keeping skin young and firm, but also extremely important for healing lesions on the skin and scarification. A great thing for an aggressive pimple-popper like me!)



Since the clay mask leaves my face feeling a little tender and dry, I finish it off with for goodness face lotion from the same brand. It has many antioxidant-packed extracts like dark chocolate, bluebery, lemon, European herb and willow herb. It's also got SPF 30 in it which is a great advantage for your skin, but probably not for your makeup if you'll be taking pictures. (Sunscreen messes up the lighting, somehow.) Anyways, I know this is besides the point of this look, but without smooth, healthy skin, not all the makeup in the world will look good on you!


Anyways, now that I'm done with this, I think I might go jump into that pool now. :) Keep cool, everyone!


0 comments: