CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Desert Flower

For miles and miles beyond civilization, in the hot, unforgiving desert, there is a creature who is out to capture your heart. You may see her when you're letting your camels rest or stopping off at the nearest gas station. She is the desert flower. Beautiful, exotic...and sometimes deadly. In the Land of Enchantment, she is the enchantress. ;)
So, as you can see, I am continuing on my seductresses of nature look. I chose to do a desert temptress look involving warm, earthy colors. So, follow me on the journey...



I did what I've been doing for the last couple of looks. Foundation, concealer and powder. But, there's a new addition today! I decided that bronzer would be a most appropriate guest cosmetic on today's look. I brushed Revlon ColorStay Mineral Bronzer in "Golden Bronze" on my forehead, cheekbones, chin and nose. Then, I got a little extra crisp by brushing Manic Panic Lust Dust in "Nefertiti" under my cheekbones, on my temples and my hairline. Nefertiti is a gorgeous, amazing shade, by the way. It applies dark brown, but leaves behind a bronzy sparkle, like a sunstone.


This is a sunstone, if you didn't know. :)



For the eyes, I used the Pro Palette, of course. I brushed the medium shimmery sandy tan color all over my lids. Then, I applied the shimmery goldenrod on the inner half of the top lids. I used matte dark brown on the creases and shimmery golden bronze on the outer corners and under the lower lashes. I then applied "Honeymoon", a gold shadow from the Too Faced Romantic Eye palette, on the inner corners. I once again finished off with falsies! Hope they didn't melt off this time. It was simpler to apply them today and I even considered using liner for this look, since it involved plenty of dark colors. (I'm trying to get rid of the dependency on liner. Eyeshadow can look good on it's own if you give it a chance.) But, the falsies went on so well, that they didn't need it. :) I did use the liner to put five black dots under each eye, however. After I lined my brows, I dusted the Nefertiti on them to once again give them that aura and of course, to darken them. (With skin-darkening makeup, you probably need more accentuated eyebrows, anyways. Or else, they'll look washed out.) I finished the look by using the watery liner to speckle the color on the outer egdes of my face and slicked on some Mary Kay lipgloss in "Pink Pout" on my lips. As for the hair, all I did was let my waves do their own thing and made a braid on the side of my head which I wrapped around it.



This desert rose. Each of her veils, a secret promise. This desert flower. No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this.

If you didn't already know, those are the lyrics from Sting's "Desert Rose". :) Yeah, so I tried to capture myself in a mystic dream in a desert landscape, but this is the best I could do. It's the empty lot across from my house. (If I was at my fiancee's house, I'd have more to work with. :/) The sun was shining strong, so I'm all squinty. And I got hot and impatient with staying out in the sun, so the best I could do was having the desert flower look like she was taking a picture of herself. xD Ah, the things I do for this blog...



0 comments: