CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gay Pride Rainbow Eyes

Today, on August 24th, my sweet sister-in-law asked all her friends to wear rainbow colors in a movement to show that we support equal civil rights for gay people. I supported her all the way and this look was made just for that. Now, you can feel however you wanna feel about people being gay. But I still think that that does not give anyone the right to take away their rights. So, on to the look! :)


The foundation I used was Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse in Porcelain Ivory and Cover Girl concealer to cover up blemishes. This is what I will always use until further notice, so I won't post it again. (Because I don't think anyone really cares.)


For the eyes themselves, I decided to put only a thin line of rainbow instead of doing the whole eye. I got an old brown Cover Girl liner which lost it's pigment (yeah, I know it's neither sanitary nor desirable to throw out cosmetics when they're kaput, but I do it. I will do things like this all the time, because I do makeup on a budget. So, I'm sorry if if irritates anyone.) The clear liner was a perfect base for the eyeshadow to make it stick and to make it look more packed on. (Yay! Less blending for me!) I used the 88-color Pro Palette for the shadows and I used the brick red on the inner corners and going in from there, I used the shimmery tangerine color, the bright matte yellow, the medium matte green, the shimmery royal blue and the shimmery violet on the wing outside of the eye. I finished it off with Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Very Black. You might also notice that my eyebrows are a hot mess. They had an unfortunate waxing accident and now I'm waiting for them to grow back. :( In the meantime, I use a soft brown brow pencil from the drugstore to fill in any sparse areas. And those little spots on my face? Yeah, I thought they were red shadow fallout, too, but when I cleaned them and they didn't come off, I figured that they're freckles that I got this summer. >_>

I don't know if you can see it here, but I also used Mary Kay Dusty Rose lipstick to make an upside-down triangle in the center of my lips. It was pink enough for me, so I finished it off with some of the brighter pink shadows on the Pro Palette. I also accentuated the sides with the fading brown liquid liner, but it looks like a heart at best. Oh well. Marriage is about love, anyways. ♥

I tried my best to get an open-eye picture of the look and this is it. It looks smudgey in the pic, but it's amazing in person! It looked worse before. (The packed on pigment came out black in the previous picture!) But with a bit more blending and better light, this is what I got. Click it to take a closer look!


I also have rainbow socks! But I couldn't wear them today, because I can't find the other one. :( Like an idiosa, I probably left it at my fiancee's house in the same bag as my naughty nurse outfit.

Now, this has probably left you wondering...what is my sexual orientation? Well, like the guy with the mangina on The Tyra Show said..."I'm just sexual". I'm not bi, lesbian, pansexual, asexual or even straight. I'm just sexual. I don't care if the person is a masculine man, a feminine woman, an effeminate man, a masculine woman, a transgendered woman or man or whatever else you may. I love a person for being who they are. Have I been in love with a girl? Yes I have. I just don't call myself bisexual because if I do, hordes of horny girls try to ask me for naughty pictures or rub up on me. I'm a pervert myself. I enjoy being perverted. But I don't ever impose that perversion on anyone else. Anyways, before I go of on a whole rant here, I'm just gonna say this: Everyone deserves civil rights. Not just the basics, either. Everyone deserves the same civil rights. And that includes marriage. Let your heart be your guide.

0 comments: