CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Emo Pixie

No matter how you feel about emos or their music or lifestyle or whatever else, you must admit that they have some interesting makeup. But, because I thought it was a little bland to just pile black on black on black, I added a little charming flair to it. ;)



One thing that emos like to do from what I've seen is to have flawless, pale skin. Well, I'm already pale, so my foundation will smooth out everything else. :) Yes, I realize that my attempt to shorten my hair was pretty pathetic. :p But emos usually have short hair, so it wouldn't make sense for me to have long-ass hair.



The eyes are fairly simple. In mean terms, all you really have to do is draw a black circle around your eyes. But, in my terms, I lined the eyes all around in Revlon Bedroom Eyes Powder Liner in "Fishnet Jet". Then, I got some black matte shadow from the Pro Palette and did the rest of the eyelid. Usually emo makeup is smudgey, roughly-edged and sort of grungy, so do plenty of smudging and don't worry about picture-perfect lines when it comes to doing the eye makeup. For the designs under the eyes, I took my inspiration from the doodles they like to do in their journals, their poetry, their love letters (or their MySpace icons. xD) They like drawing "x"'s, circles, stars, hearts and all rough-edged and in colors like pink, black or red. So, I drew a dot, a (really bad) star and an open circle with black liner and an "x" with red lipliner. (It kinda gives that look of a wound, too. Although it seems stupid to have a wound near your eyes. >.>) For the lips, I noticed that emos mostly keep their lips clean, so I just put on some chapstick.



Cut my wrists and black my eyes...

Yeah, that sounds like the emo anthem for sure. :p Thank you Hawthorne Heights. xD I realize that my hair is not exactly pin straight, but I'm not emo, so I probably don't care too much. :p And the band t-shirt I'm wearing is of Evanescence. Yeah, I know they're not emo (or there could be an argument about that...), but it's one of the only band t-shirts I have that would come close to emo. :p

Anyways, this was an interesting look to try out. But, I don't think I could actually use it in real life. Nope, not even the raccoon eyes. It took forever to get the makeup off! >_O But, overall, it was fun trying it out, anyways. :) Especially the bangs. (For some reason, I thought of Shane Dawson's "Emo Bop" video when doing this. xD)


0 comments: