CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chola

Now, before you say anything about this, complain, feel offended, laugh out loud, whatever else you may do, set your prejudices aside and realize that the makeup that cholas do is just another form of self-expression. :) And...an interesting one, at that. It's a fairly simple look and it suffices quite well for an urban setting. :p So, let's do some makeup!



Cholas tend to pack on the face makeup quite heavily, so I had to pack on a lot of liquid, as well as powder foundation. I drew a thick line around my eyes with e.l.f liquid liner and put on Maybelline Lash Stilletto mascara. I made sure not to get out the clumps, since I noticed that cholas like it thick. The key parts that make this look individual are the eyebrows and lips. I don't have any brow liners dark enough for this look, so I used a dark matte brown shadow from the Pro Palette to line and shape them. (Cholas tend to shape their eyebrows beyond their natural bounds.) I finished the look by using my soft brown lipliner to line my lips and slathered on Rimmel Sweet Jelly lipgloss in "Gourmet" on top of it. (Make sure it's extra shiny!)




Cholas like doing the "scrunch" look with their hair, so after I washed it, I grabbed handfuls of hair and crunched them up to make waves. I sprayed plenty of hairspray on to help them keep their shape and to have that wet hair look that they like. And of course, don't forget the large hoop earrings. ;)




"Lean like a chola way up high, thick eyeliner in my eye..."

I'm sorry, but this look is honestly too bold for me to go out in it. >_O I enjoyed experimenting with it, tho. :)


0 comments: